Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
anybody have an idea?
robertrud posted:
yesterday, listening to music, after 4 cups coffee and one beer the lights went off in my mind...suddenly became dim, was able to respond to others, not depressed, lasted 2 hours....anybody have a clue?...other info, father just died..suicide last week, have been in mental hosp. a couple of times, prone to obsess over suicide, other times happy as a lark, easy to joke...now in foreign country in an internet cafe...i know it aint likely i will get a quick response but worth a shot

Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
Hey, robertrud -

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. How tragic.

Obviously, if such symptoms continue, see a physician. But you were mixing a lot of stuff yesterday: 4 cups of coffee is a significant amount of caffeine; add to that one beer, plus whatever your emotions are regarding your father's recent suicide. That's plenty enough to cause such symptoms.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.