Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
How to handle anxiety (panic attack)
rc_achen posted:
Hye, does anyone here know how can i handle my panic attacks.?
Sometimes i imagine things that i shouldn't imagine..like, when i open a door, a ghost will bump in front of me.. i always thinking and worried things that i shouldn't be worried of.. I'm getting scared of myself. Am i going to be crazy? with all this rapid heart beat, dizziness, fatigue, asthma, bad temper, and fear feeling, i think I'm going to be crazy..

Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
Hey, rc_achen -

I'm so sorry to hear you're having so much anxiety. I'm going to give you a couple of links that may be useful to you, since I don't have a full picture of what's going on. This link is to a brief load questionnaire that can help focus your study on the proper anxiety problem: self-assessment . And this link is my self-help site for people with panic attacks .

rc_achen replied to Reid Wilson, PhD's response:
Hey ,

Thanks for the respond.
But recently i had a bad behaviour.
sometimes i'm so happy, but sometimes i cried so hard . i felt lonely even when i'm surrounding with many cheerful people on that time.
I felt that everyone doesn't like me. Do i need to consult to the doctor for more information or just buy some medication for pharmacy? Please advise. Thank you.

Reid Wilson, PhD replied to rc_achen's response:
I certainly do think you should consult a mental health professional. That's a very good idea!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.