Skip to content
PTSD Triggered Episode
whatsupbuttercup posted:
Hello everyone!

I had a very short surge of panic this morning at the office. I'm coming out of a depressive episode. I was triggered by the anniversary of an event that caused my PTSD. I am on cipralex and trazodone now. I think what I'm looking for is support and reassurance that the panic and anxiety will lessen as the trazodone continues to kick in.

When I experience anxiety or panic, it seems like a huge setback to me and it almost makes other symptoms worse. I know consciously that everything won't immediately be better, but it's easy to get stuck ruminating in my head.

I have a referral to a psychiatrist (thank you OHIP! I could never afford it otherwise) and have gotten an intake appt at a community centre for PTSD counselling. Has anyone found that they have recurrent episodes? How do you overcome them without having your confidence shattered?

Thanks!

Take the Poll

• s
  • s
  • s
  • s
  • s
vote
View Poll Results

rohvannyn responded:
It WILL get better. Hang on, breathe, maybe distract yourself if you can. My spouse has problems like this too. You aren't alone, and you are cared about.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.