Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
so depressed I don't want to get out of bed
nowheregrl posted:
Im 29 and have a son going to jr high next yr and a 1yr old. I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety since I was 23. I was doing good but had a major set back (losing house, no job) that I started getting panic attacks again but this time x10. Im so depressed I don't even play with my kids anymore and I only look forward to going to bed at night. No one in my family understands me at all. My husband goes to work and I just lay on the couch staring off into space until the little one wakes up and I just start crying. I feel so bad for my kids because I hardly give them my attention any more. I'm like a zombie all day and it feels like I can't breath, my throat is so tight. Im terrified to drive because I'm afraid im going to faint in the car.... I'm a mess and I need help. I'm so sick of my life, every day it's the same depressing sh#&!

Take the Poll

Can any one give me some advice??
  • ?
  • ?
vote
View Poll Results

Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
Hey, nowheregrl -
I'm so sorry you are feeling so low about your life right now. That sounds miserable. And on top of that you're feeling guilty about not being present for your kids. That feeling can be awful! But I don't hear that you have been looking into the ways to manage your fear of panic. Panic disorder is the most treatable mental health disorder there is. We know so much about it today, and we are pretty darn clear about how to get better. I'm sure that when you are feeling depressed it's difficult to motivate yourself. But you did find us, and you did write this note. So that's a great start. I have a complete, free self-help program for those who suffer from panic attacks. Why don't you read through that and see if you can learn a few tricks. HERE . This may surprise you, but when you start making progress with your panic, it can help you boost your mood.

nowheregrl replied to Reid Wilson, PhD's response:
Thank you for responding to me. I felt like I was so alone and now I feel a glimmer of hope. I will do what ever I can to be a normal functioning person again. I don't want to be scared anymore.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.