Skip to content
terrible withdrawal symptoms.
wnramirez77 posted:
I was on Effexor XR for 6 months and I saw a dramatic change in my behaviors. I wanted to sleep all the time, and felt like I was numb to emotions. In June I was so busy I forgot to take the medication for 3 days in a row. I began throwing up, crying one minute, and screaming at people the next. When I am normally a pretty patient and easy going person. I looked up the withdrawl symptoms and come across this forum and I knew I had to get off this.

I went cold turkey and it was terrible. I sent my children to my moms house and just dealt with the symptoms. I nauseas, dizzy, had headaches for the first few 3 days. I couldn't move without the vertigo setting in. I got some draminine from the store and took lots of fish oil which helped alot. I was taking dramamine every 3 hours to keep the nausea away. Days 4-6 I had terrible brain zaps and out of body experiences. I felt like people were talking to me. I had sensations of people my forehead, nose, and neck but not one was near me. I felt like I could hear my brain working. I had ear ringing sensations.
Day 6 I work up drenched in sweat at 3 am, and was throwing up. Day 7, I started to feel some clarity again.

I felt good for a week, but for the last two days I have been getting bouts of nausea, ear ringing, and headaches again. Has anyone had withdrawl symptoms return. I have been so emotional this week, crying at the drop of a hat and my thoughts/aniexty are through the roof. I thought i was through with this.but maybe not?

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.