Skip to content
Worried and panicky
Anon_11642 posted:
Hi - 9 years ago I had a colonoscopy and it was fine and clear. Dr said not until 10 years to have another one - one of Medicare guidelines.

I think I did periodic colon tests with those sheets but not every year and they were okay. Last year I did the fob where you poke your stools 6 times and it was ok.

I decided to do another one and it came back positive.

I will see my dr. next Monday - nurse said something about a colonoscopy and/or barium enema -

Anyway, I am so worried now. I don't ever see blood in my stool or on the paper but guess it is hidden which worries me more. Don't know if it is coming from a hemorrhoid which I know I have or stomach or polyp or whatever? So many places it can be coming from. I did strain when I did the test as I wanted to get it over with but have strained once in a while in the past.

Anyway, so here I sit and wait a week now - they were booked up - couldn't get me in sooner and asked if they had a cancellation if they could call me - they said they would.

My mind is racing - and cannot stop. I hated waiting 10 years but last year and now I did both of those stool things - last year being ok but not this year.

I know you don't know what it could be - I am just venting - I eat healthy - not fat - BMI 23 - I am a nutrition guru and try to eat healthy and NO processed foods ever -

Have you heard of anyone having a positive test like mine and turned out okay? I got a change in appt and get to see doc's PA tomorrow.

Hope I dont have to wait too long for a colonoscopy.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.