Skip to content
Help for depression
territeresa posted:
I have severe depression--I was in a treatment hospital 3 hours away from my home in Feb. of 2006--i was feeling like a new person after I had been there several day--so I drove 3 hours each month for several years to be treated my this doctor--then he had problems dropped half his work load which I was one that got dropped--I have search several time after that to find help--never had any luck and the depression would get a little better--I have been so depressed for the last 4 weeks--I have called my insurence to ask about help--they gave me 5 names with in 3 hours of me--no one was seeing new patiencs they were full--I have called so many placse --I even drove back to the place I was in 2006---and it had sold and had no openings--You know I have read alot about depressiong on ur site--and just like on TV it says if you are feeling more depressed -are what ever u are have problems with get help---I have ask so many time in the last couple weeks and I have not found one person that even acted as if they cared are if I never got help--just get over it-- It is such a let down when you have searched everywhere u know and cannot find anyone..It makes me more depressed thinking there is no help for depression in this small Tn. courtry--Terri

territeresa responded:
No one on WebMD know who to find help with depression? Are no one bothered to help me..find someone to help with depression---I have ask for help from everywhere I could find anything about depression and everything is booked up --no one has time to try to help me--I am so tired of asking people to help me --just another dead end..Terri

territeresa responded:
show up on the page is all it did..

An_258778 replied to territeresa's response:
what did you expect?? There are no doctors here just suffers and haters 'sides this is the anxiety site try the depression page

rohvannyn responded:
It can be tough to find help, that's for sure. You will be able to find information on WebMD to better understand your condition, and if you go to the depression community you may find some support at least. Welcome to the group, and here are the links:

http://www.webmd.com/depression/default.htm

http://exchanges.webmd.com/depression-exchange

Hopefully this will at least give you some places to start. With health care this difficult to get, many of us are having to research our own conditions and find ways to help ourselves. I'm going through the same thing so I understand.

To other responders: Please be a little nicer when replying to someone asking for help. We may not be able to do much but we can at least try to be understanding. A "what do you expect?" really doesn't do anything for anyone.

territeresa replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank you so much rohvannyn--I am new here so I really did not know that I waa not on the depression site--I am at my end bagging someone to help me--I only hit dead ends when I am trying to get what ever kind of help I need--but then again everywhere I read about depression it say see a doctor now--most everything I have read is telling you to get doctors help..Thank you so much again rohvannyn I am going to the site links now you gave me----Terri

rohvannyn replied to territeresa's response:
Welcome to WebMD! I think you will find some supportive people here in some of the communities. And with libability issues these days, people always say "see a doctor" which is really frustrating when you can't see one!

Because of that, I set up a thread for people to share ways they help their depression. I hope you find some useful tips there.

http://forums.webmd.com/3/depression-exchange/tip/116

territeresa replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank you so much rohvannyn--you have been very helpfull to me--made me feel better getting your help--I was sinking fast--Thanks Terri

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

keep calm
taking it one day at a time helps me with my anxiety. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.