Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What is Amygdala!?
An_249242 posted:
Hello All:

While doing some research on the brain I came across some very important information. I really believe that one way to gain control over your life is to simply become informed about every aspect of it. The key is to dig deep, because the more you dig the more informative you become; and everybody knows that knowledge is strength.

Well anyway, I came across a word called AMYGDALA. The amygdala, which makes up a part of the brain, is said to be the main region of the brain that is linked to fear and anxiety. As sources would have it, it is believed that thoughts of fear, paranoia, and/or depression-etc., has to do with the fact that there is an imbalance/over activity of the amygdala. This imbalance and/or over activity of the amygdala is due to a zinc definciency.

So, the question is, how can this be fixed? It is suggested that herbal supplements as such as Kava Kava, Siberian ginseng, licorice, and/or valerian root can help reduce an over active amygdala.

I hope that this bit of information is helpful to someone. I would encourage everyone to do further research on the brain, and the herbal supplements as well. Let's try to get to the root of our problem.
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.