Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Your life is not over and you are DEF not alone!!!
Amanda615 posted:
I have been battling anxiety and depression for the last 4 months, and in those 4 months I have had horrible thoughts, cripling anxiety attacks, feeling like I didnt want to live, you name it, I have experienced it. All this came on all of the sudden and scared me beyond words, I honestly thought I was going crazy and that I needed to be put into a mental institution. I am 25 years old, I am married and have a 2 year old son, I have everything in this world to live for but still couldnt bring myself out of this. After two months of this I finally went and saw a doctor, who helped me alot, he perscribed me celexa. It took about a month for me to see some real results but I will say that I am sooooo much better now. I wanted to post my story because I cant imagine going threw this alone and I want ppl like to me know that its not the end of the world, there is help for this and you can get on with your life. Some advice that I recieved that really helped me was to FIGHT, do not give up, even when you feel as low as low can get, get up and push threw the day, dont give up! Trust me, I realize that when you cant concentrate and it feels as if your never going to be normal again, just "going on about your day" isnt as easy as it seems, thats what you need to do, keep doing the things you did before you experienced this. Dont be afraid to talk to ppl about it either, dont bottle any of your feeling up, it will only make you worse. In time, and it does take time, because I am still fighting myself, you can learn to manage this, but dont force it, just take it one day at a time and realize that this may be something you have to deal with your whole life, BUT, you can still live a happy life. I promise, and this is coming from someone who always tends to look at the negative side of things, so if you take anything aways from this at all, JUST DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.