Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The five most unexpected causes: Coffee, Water, Sleep, Exercise, Diet
RandySeck posted:
I have this as well.

I have noticed that these symptoms are at there worst when I have had sleep deprivation, too much coffee, have not exercised, and have had to much sugar/sodium/cholesterol. Here is what I intend to do over the next month to get my heart and brain completely healthy again and if you have these light headed feelings of fainting and death, you should join me in doing these:

1. Quit coffee. If you can give up coffee, do so. It is by far the largest factor. Caffeine can mess with you mentally, emotionally, and most of all physically which is a big deal when we feel this way!

2. Drink lots of water. Not because you enjoy it, or because you are being cheap at a restaurant, but because humans need pure water to thrive. Down it on a daily basis instead of coffee, soda, and gatorade.
Your body will love you for doing this and treat you kindly! Your car would not appreciate syrup over the correct fuel would it? Do you think your heart does?

3. Sleep. Get some! Get on a regular sleep schedule. Dont stay up all night, or survive only getting 4 or 5 hours, get on a schedule where you go to bed at the same time every night, and get up the same time in the morning, but if you feel exhausted, ad more time, or get better sleeping materials - bed, mattress, pajamas.

4. Exercise. Exercise strengthens your cardio system. A key factor in lightheadedness is hardened veins from too much fat and cholesterol, and lack of heart strength. Exercising even 30 minutes 3 days a week can help prevent this and all you have to do is take a nice 30 minute walk. Or, jog, or dance, or take the stairs on a daily basis. Whatever gets you moving. Over the past year and a half I have lost and maintained a 110 pound weight loss. However, I have not kept up with exercising, which is causing me to notice my unhealthy cardio system more and more even though I am not gaining weight, I am not being healthy. Exercise and simple stretching will relive you of back pain as well people!!!!

5. Diet. Try to eat healthier, you know, as always, but the key factors are written above and the doing them alone will change your life literally. Quality of life is something we all need to work on, me included!

Go for success!
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.