Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Effexor Co-Payment Help
HondaRebelGirl posted:
Am I am an RN Case Manager and am taking Effexor XR. I am reading that people have lost insurance and are abruptly stopping their Effexor...not a good idea.

For people that do not want to stop taking Effexor and are having trouble paying for it...go to their online website: www.effexorxr.com. You can get your brand prescription at
an extreme reduction...$4.00. I would recommend that you
always check out the website of the medication you are taking,
especially the Brand name (as many manufacturers have co-payment
help for people that even have prescription drug coverage!).

I have just started my wean of Effexor XR at my request. My dosage was 225 mg., and the doctor is taking my down by 37.5 mg every two weeks. I have been instructed to phone if I am having any difficulties. I do notice the "electrical zaps" and have been experiencing crazy, vivid dreams...usually being chased (and wake up exhausted). In addition, I am having a hard time falling asleep. I am only on week three of the wean and know I can stop at any time. Otherwise I felt the medication worked for me. I have put on weight and am interested to see if I will experience weight reduction...but at the same time, do not want to return to my pre-Effexor state. I am also a little concerned with Obama care and the impact that will have on drug coverage...or is that just an irrational worry (anxiety) that might be returning as part of the wean!?!
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

rohvannyn responded:
" I am also a little concerned with Obama care and the impact that will have on drug coverage...or is that just an irrational worry (anxiety) that might be returning as part of the wean?"

Hi, there! Good luck with your wean. Not to put too fine a point on it, but you would have to be on psychoactive medications NOT to be worrying about the effects of Obamacare. It's a horrible, horrible plan on so many levels, and even where the ideas are good, the execution is unworkable. I'm in the healthcare field, pharmaceuticals to be exact, and every time I allow myself to think of this I am afraid because I can't see a healthy way out for this country.

Thank you for providing the information about financial assistance for folk who need these medications. It's similar to advice I've given dozens of times.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.