Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    karmaday posted:
    What should I do about having anxiety and panic attacks about worrying all the time over losing everything I worked very hard for. I'm on meds and trying different one to see what will work for me. We haven't found nothing yet. I would like to stop hurting all the time. Please help me.
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 19 found this helpful
    Janna56 responded:
    karmady - It would love to give you the right answers, but I must be your twin. I am on Wellbutrin and Xanax. I know it's been proven that Xanax can be addictive, but I have taken if for probably 20 years now and it is the only thing that will help my anxiey. Can I ask what meds you've been on? I have anxiety along with depression, and have been told "I have a Master's Degree in Worrying". I worry about things that haven't even happened yet. I am divorced after 29 years of marriage and working a respectable and what I consider an important job (working with Special Needs), but only make a little above minimum and it is rough. I don't have any other income whatsoever and I am petrified of losing this job, as we had a meeting with our Regional Director and he said the Government is cutting the funding consistently for this particular field.

    May I ask how old you are? I am a 56 year old female. I just wrote in another post that I would just like to smile again and be happy. I am with you 100% and know exactly how you feel.

    I always lived by "one day at a time", but I have gotten to where I have to go "one minute at a time".

    You take care of You!!!! We all need each other here.
    My best to you - - -- Janna

    Featuring Experts

    Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

    Helpful Tips

    Successfully beat Effexor withdrawal - Here is how I did it:
    This is a Success Story and Instructions on Beating Effexor Withdrawal. I spent hours reading these forums and found that there were many, ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    14 of 14 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.