Skip to content
PTSD improvements.
calisonic posted:
I am a 22 year old male who had a stimulant abuse induced panic attack 35 days ago and am certainly feeling better after a month of suffering.
Things I found most helpful:

You MUST learn to control your mind, when you are depressed/anxious and you let your mind go on auto it pulls nothing but bad, depressing, guilty thoughts and memories. Read this web site and does nothing but make you WORSE.

and do the first part of this form

You must learn to control your thoughts and let go of the worry. Best wishes.
I have also started a very mild anti anxiety med (2.5mg Librax, usually issues for stomach problems) and finally saw a therapist who will help me "master my mind". I nearly had another episode at the thought of seeing a therapist and even when I was about to go to my first session, but the hit to your pride is such a small price to pay for the benefits of guidance from someone who is so familiar with this stuff.

TALK about your experience to a trusted friend/family member, or write it down, both in GREAT DETAIL, the more you think about it the less sensitive you get to it, and eventually it won't bother you at all. Do this at first in a comfortable environment. It can be hard at first but hang in there! Just like doing curls with your arm, its hard at first but your bicep gets stronger and eventually its no problem to curl a large amount of weight.

Oh yes PRAY for healing, if you are religious.
I am typing this from the very chair and desk where it first happened.


Was this Helpful?
11 of 19 found this helpful

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 78 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.