Skip to content
HELP: Asthma & Vomiting - I am new at this!!
beckiegirl posted:
I have been under the care of an allergist and my family doctor for almost three months now for allergies and asthma. I am taking Singular (once/day), OTC version of Zyrtec (once/day), Nasonex (each morning), and Advair (am & pm). I am allergic to trees and grasses and I began cluster shots last week with my allergist. I have shared with each doctor that I have feelings of nausea (usually in the am) leading up to vomiting (particularly when brushing my teeth). Each time I vomit, I feel more "open" and "refreshed". Neither doctor gave me a direct response. Why is this happening? Is this going to be a pattern I have to live with? Is it caused by sinus drainage? Is there anything I can do? If I avoid vomiting, the nausea (and all over yuckiness) just continues. Thanks so much!

mrsmunger responded:
try eliminating canola oil from your diet. I had a similar problem in the past. These problems have stopped completely after I have stopped eating food containing canola oil. I have regained a quality of life I had lost.

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center