Skip to content
tightness in back /shoulder blade area
Laura0711 posted:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone get severe tightness and pain in their back and shoulder blade area and slowly having increasing shortness of breath with slowly dropping peak flows? I think some of the problem is that we have had 33 inches more of rain than is normal for us up here in South Dakota. Today it has been raining all day and I have noticed an increase in chest tightness and pressure. If anyone can give me any ideas that would help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Laura

jessi19661 responded:
I have this all the time, but my albuterol inhaler helps a lot. Also a muscle relaxer helps, but the inhaler helps a lot more.
Jessi

kim_rose responded:
I use a heating pad and albuteral. The humidity, extreme cold or heat and weather changes are some things which trigger an asthma attack. Try having someone rub mineral oil lightly into your back, sometimes helps to unwind a little of the tightness

jessi19661 replied to jessi19661's response:
Also, do you take an allergy medicine? Zyrtec works pretty well for me. I take that and atarax. The thing is I am actually taking them both for lupus, I just found out I have asthma.

My muscles are all sore like you describe today. I soaked in a hot bath and that helped. Epsom salts are great for stiff, sore, aching muscles and is available at grocery or dollar stores for about a dollar. Also, WalMart has them.

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center