Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Having severe chest tightness
Laura0711 posted:
Hi, Right now I'm having a very hard time with severe chest tightness and increased shortness of breath. However I haven't had any wheezing with this just a lot of chest tightness. It started maybe about 3-4 weeks ago and I also feel somewhat congested. I don't know what to do about it. I don't have an action plan to follow even though I have asked for one a couple times. I see my pulmologist at the end of Nov. but I don't know if I should wait until then, his office is 50 miles away so it a whole day trip to go down there and back, also at this time of the year in SD I don't like driving down there by myself and I have no one to go with me until then. On the good side my primary doctor is pretty good at taking care of my asthma. I was thinking maybe I should just make an appointment with her next Thursday or Friday. I just am unsure as to what is going on and what to do.
Any advise would be welcomed.

Thank You,
Laura

coughy16 responded:
Why not call either drs office & see what they recommend?

Laura0711 replied to coughy16's response:
I did but my regular dr.didn't get back to me. I will wait until Wed morning when she is back in the office. But if it gets to bad I will call the dr. she splits the week with, she is only there Weds. am and all day on Thurs. and Fri. but Dr. Bien who is there the other times is very good to. I've felt a little better today than the other day.

Thank you,
Laura

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to Laura0711's response:
Good luck tomorrow morning at your doctor visit! I'm crossing my fingers that you find some answers and relief!

Please keep us posted on how things go and how you are feeling. Take care.

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center