Skip to content
Nebulizer?
sgbl88 posted:
I am considering getting a different nebulizer. The one I have was intended to be used on the go, but I use it much more at home than what was intended. It is VERY slow. I am having to do 3 - 4 double nebs a day (two different medications at the same time) right now, and it is taking 30+ minutes to nebulize the medications. I just can't spend that much time tied up that way.

Does anyone have any suggestions, recommendations, warnings etc for other nebulizers out there?

I have found an Arial on Amazon for about $37, but I am not familiar with the quality of their products or if it would be any faster. It has a JetNeb, which sounds like it should be faster. It also has a life time warenty. Does anyone know anything about this company? Good or bad?

I am also open to other reasonably priced suggestions.

Thanks.

Also, I saw my allergist today for my Xolair shot. She ordered a thyroid workup. My lungs sound better, but not well - still prolonged, congested and a little wheezey, but the best they have sounded in a long time. I am down to 5 mg pred every other day. We will see what happens when I go completely off the stuff. On track for the aspirin challenge on the 31 though.

Thanks everyone,
Take care and God bless.
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

pljohns responded:
I recently had to replace my neb for the same reason. I ended up getting a Pari TrekS. It is small and I purchased the battery to go with it. I didn't think I'd use the battery, but have found that I use it all of the time. I frequently have to use a combo neb of albuteral/atrovent-total of 4ml to inhale. It takes about 15 min total. Normal uses of brovana 2ml take 3 min. flat-much better than my old one that took 20 min just for the brovana.

My asthma doc uses a Pari in her office, but its not the trekS. I have found that the LCSprint cup that you can get seems to move things along faster also. It's what I use all of the time.

So far-in almost a year of use-I LOVE the Pari and will definitely stick with them.

MLMalka responded:
have a proneb ultra nebulizer. i is easy to take place to place. i find it smaller than most nebulizers and lighter. it gets plugged into a wall outlet. i really like it.

Helpful Tips

Inhaler UseExpert
For those who use daily inhaled steroids (controller medication) make sure to rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 143 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center