Skip to content
inhaler for cough doctors wont give me refills
cruthes posted:
have a cough thats always chronic my doctor prescribed with inhaler i coughed for two months and final went to the doctors nothing to seems to help the cough my doctor retired and no one will give me refills cough medicine doesnt help me, i cough for two month then i start to wheez how do i get another inhaler, its a chronic dog barking cough i dont smoke it uncotrolbell what can i do to stop the cough

bpcookie responded:
Hello Cruthes, I feel for you. Is there another Dr. that you can see? A family Dr. who could possibly send you to a Pulmonologist? Also, did your previous Dr. give you a diagnosis?

coughy16 responded:
I am not sure I understand your post. I can't tell if you are saying that the inhaler helped or that it didn't help? Also what type of inhaler was it? If it was a rescue inhaler, that's not something that you should be using on a daily basis for the most part, maybe you need a maintenance inhaler. Did the dr say you have asthma? What started the cough when you first got it? Have you noticed anytimes when it is better or worse?

Helpful Tips

Inhaler UseExpert
For those who use daily inhaled steroids (controller medication) make sure to rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 145 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center