Skip to content
Tessalon perles for asthmatic cough
G8rgirl77 posted:
Has anyone had any experience with the use of Tessalon perles for asthmatic coughing?
I would be very appreciative of anyone's experience with this drug .

sgbl88 responded:
Hello,

I take Tessalon Perls as part of my pretreatment routine for odor exposure. I go to church with my GP. One night I was across from him coughing my head off. I was just glad there were no projectiles. lol He was giving me really strange looks. The next time I was in his office, out of the blue he says, "You need a non-narcotic cough medicine." They work pretty well for that.

It doesn't work very well for me when I am sick/flare. Then I need the real, strong stuff. That is controversial, but I have a rib that pops out of place from severe coughing. I insist on having something that will stop the cough, but I promise to take my meds on time and set my alarm to do so.

I hope that helps you.

Take care and God bless.
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

cwille responded:
hi, i actually do use tessalon pearls for my cough also. Sometimes they work , sometimes not. I was also given cough syrup with codiene, now that works, but i can only use it at night. I have been dealing with asthma cough for at least a year now. The pearls don't make me sleepy so i use them more during the day. I haven't had any side effects from them. I hope they help you.

good luck

lal326 responded:
Personally I do not think the tessalon perles work. I tried them a couple years ago and nothing. I continued to cough. But it is like any medication, what works for one may not work for another. I just try to drink a lot of water, take my asthma medication as directed and if it gets really bad, get a script for cough medicine with codeine. Good luck!

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center