Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
cyclosporine? advice?
monkeybusiness1 posted:
used to be a regular on here....but i haven't visisted in a while. i'm happy to say that after years of "trying" hubby and i finally got pregnant and we now have a beautiful 9 month old son!

my asthma was a mess during pregnancy, as was my eczema. now, my asthma is better than it's ever been, but my eczema is awful...at it's all time worst ever! my dermo is looking to have my start cyclosporine (and eventually alternate it with methotrexate and cell-something or other- cellist? cellmast? i can't remember). he told me the gazillion bad side effects, but at this point, i am thinking the benefits will outweigh the side effects.

it's a little scary because i know this is my last option, and if i don't get my eczema (which has left at least 50% of the skin on my legs open for over a year) doesn't clear up, i'm going to end up with some super infection that will kill me...so really, i guess i don't have a choice, but....still looking for some people's stories on it.

has anyone taken it? what's your experience with side effects (short term and long term). thanks!

heather
(i was under heaven1975 when i used to be here -- but i can't figure out that password!!!)

coughy16 responded:
Hi Heather! Sorry I have no advice on the eczema but I just wanted to say, sorry to hear that it has gotten so bad, although I am happy to hear the lungs are better! Hopefully someone will have some good input for you, I hope that you will see a quick improvement.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Heather,

Welcome back to the community and best of luck with your latest conditions. I hope that you will consider posting your question in the Skin Problems & Treatments Community for more insight and feedback from understanding members and experts.

Wishing you the best and hope that you keep us posted!
Amelia
- Asthma doesn't seem to bother me anymore, unless I'm around cigars or dogs. The thing that would bother me most would be a dog smoking a cigar. - Steve Allen

Helpful Tips

Naturally Manage Asthma
Put two to three drops of pure peppermint oil into a hot steamy rag then cover over your nose and mouth. It definitely helps you breathe ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center