Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

albuteral inhalers aren't working any more
    pljohns posted:
    I have severe uncontrolled non-allergic asthma and keep 3 different "flavors" of albuteral inhalers with me all of the time. My body is strange-sometimes Xopenex will work great, other times not at all so I hit the Provental-same with it so I fall back to Ventolin. The ventolin has started flaring up my reflux so I use it as a last resort. Here's my problem-all 3 of them arent' working great any more. I frequently have to use one, wait to see that it isn't going to have any effect AT ALL, hit another one and it has minimal effect. I absolutely don't know what's left! I don't want to have to carry a neb with me all of the time, although albuteral neb works for me every time.

The other problem is the albuteral is now causing me to have migraines. Those were under control and I only had a few over the past 2 years. Now, every time I use albuteral, I get a migraine.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? I see my doc in 2 weeks so we'll see what she says.

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
    There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    128 of 159 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center