Skip to content
No fireworks on the 4th of July?!?
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
How is everyone spending their 4th of July weekend? Do you have big plans with your family to watch fireworks or does this sound like an asthma triggering event of no fun?

Please share, be safe and have a wonderful 4th of July!!
Amelia
- Asthma doesn't seem to bother me anymore, unless I'm around cigars or dogs. The thing that would bother me most would be a dog smoking a cigar. - Steve Allen

bresky responded:
Hi Amelia

Happy 4th of July; I am from Canada so our party was on July 1st. I can't go to fireworks because of the smoke but luckly I am able to watch them from the lake. So we went on our pontoon boat to the beach area and watched they were gorgeous. Hope you are able to watch yours.

Bre

coughy16 responded:
In Detroit, since we share a border with Windsor Ontario, we have our fireworks in between the Canadian holiday & the U.S. holiday, they are a huge display & they set them off in the middle of the Detroit River. This year a charitable organization that I volunteer with was having a fundraiser dinner cruise/fireworks viewing this past monday night, and it was really wonderful! It wasn't too bad on my asthma, although it did bother me a touch, but well worth it! We don't have any particular plans on the 4th, will probably bbq or something. Happy 4th!!

Mathchickie responded:
Saturday was a barbecue, and that worked fine, and it was all kinds of fun. Went inside when they started burning wet wood instead of dry charcoal, but inside was fine too.

Today is the parade, and the route is just half a block from my house, but I couldn't watch it. Somebody was wearing lethal perfume, and it was HOT, and I also have one of my trademarked evil spreading rashes of doom, which means I HAVE to stay cool, to keep it from getting worse.

Ah, well. I still heard the bands.

sgbl88 replied to Mathchickie's response:
Taking it easy through the weekend to be able to go to the fireworks. We usually sit in the right of way along a busy street with about 200 other people. Exhaust fumes, bug spray (use should be down this year as there are very few misquitoes around thanks to the dryness). The worst... the person in a group up wind that just has to smoke. UGH!!!

My friends watch out for me though. Last year someone saw someone else light up and flat out told me to use my inhaler. You gotta love that!!

Happy Fourth everyone.
God bless America!
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hope that the holiday weekend was enjoyable for all!!!
- Asthma doesn't seem to bother me anymore, unless I'm around cigars or dogs. The thing that would bother me most would be a dog smoking a cigar. - Steve Allen

sgbl88 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
I had a great time. We went over to a firend's house that really knows how to throw a Fourth of July party. I think it is their favorite holiday. Then went to watch the fireworks at our traditional place. It was so much fun. They take good care of me watching out for triggers (which are getting to be fewer and fewer these days - I LOVE ASPIRIN!!! LOL : )

I would love to hear what you all did.

Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

Helpful Tips

Inhaler UseExpert
For those who use daily inhaled steroids (controller medication) make sure to rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 143 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center