Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Suggestions please
sgbl88 posted:
How do you all manage to neb while at work? My office is shared with 2 others at the moment. One has submitted a letter of resignation, but I will still have on office mate who is my boss.

Thanks,
God bless.
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

coughy16 responded:
You can't just use your inhaler while at work? If you absolutely have to use the neb, I would just talk to the other people & let them know. Maybe you could try it & see if it disturbs them? If so, maybe there is a conference room or something where you can go so as not to disturb others?

deluxehd responded:
Here are a few thoughts: you should have breaks and lunchtime available. Are you talking electric or battery operated? I also agree with Judy and talking with the other office members about your neb needs and possible locations. When I was working, they used to let me neb as needed and had an extra office I could sit in.

Hope all is going well at the new job.
Debbie

sgbl88 replied to deluxehd's response:
Thank you, Sue and Debbie.

I do use my inhaler sometimes, but it isn't as effective when I am flaring. I had laryngitis which has now gone to my chest. It isn't really bad, but I know I would be better off if I could neb more often. I am on pred for five days. The good news.... It had been 9 weeks since my last pred. That is a record for the last 2 years.

I really don't want anyone except my boss knowing about my asthma, and he doesn't know everything and won't. I don't really want to use the conference room. I will if I have to though.

God bless.
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

abbymay16 replied to sgbl88's response:
I have a solution. I have one of the Omron Micro air portable battery operated nebs...it makes NO sound. It will run a vial of neb solution thru is about 4-5 minutes and its small enough to carry in your purse...comes in a case a little bigger than one for sunglasses.

Since the newly formulated inhalers don't work for me, I had to find a viable option and this has worked wonders. And Insurance paid for a large chunk of the price for mine.

I understand how you feel about anyone not knowing but I have just accepted asthma is part of my life and if I have to use the inhaler or neb I use it as an educational moment.

Just a thought.

Mattie
Vive Bene, Spesso L'Amore, Di Risata Molto (live well, love much, laugh often)

bresky replied to abbymay16's response:
Hey Sonya

I understand your concern it sucks. Everyone at work for me knows I have severe asthma and what to do if I have an attack. I used to try and hide it but have learned this is much more safe. And like Mattie said it is very educational I have taught alot of people many things. Although the sound of the new portable neb is awesome. I might have to look at it.

Bre

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center