Skip to content
HEAT!!!
sgbl88 posted:
Ok, so who else is enduring extreme heat? How are you coping?

My car thermometer read 111 F backing out of my garage today. I am pretty much staying inside and at home as much as I can. The AC at work does not really reach my office. We have a fan in the hall that blows some of the cooler air out there up and into the office, but it still gets pretty hot.

I hope everyone is staying hydrated and carrying your inhaler with you, especially if you are also dealing with high humidity. At least here it is pretty dry so it isn't as opressive as it could be, and the heat index isn't extreme. Something to be thankful for.

Take care and God bless.
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

bresky responded:
Hey Sonya
Sorry to hear u are back on the prednisone excitied to hear u are off it for 9 weeks. Its been extremely hot here 37 celsius (sorry not sure what that is in farenhiet) but the humidity at 97% makes it up to 45. I haven't left the air conditioned house and I pretreat with ventolin before going outside and have increased my symbicort to 4 times a day for right now. Unfortunately its supposed to be like this for a week. Hope u can make it through the heat.

Bre

sgbl88 replied to bresky's response:
Hi Bree,

So good to hear from you. Yeah, pretty much what I thought. My 111 F is hot, but the dryness makes it barable. 37 C = 98.6 F and 45 C = 113 F for a heat index plus the just plain heavy air - that is just plain misserable!!

Keep your inhalers handy folks!!

Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

abbymay16 replied to sgbl88's response:
Maybe you guys should visit the Pacific Northwest as we are having a wonderfully cool summer. Most of our highs have been in the 70's with only a few days in the 80's and very ver low humidity .Cool mountain breezes and even some rare rain in July have been the order of the day!! BEAUTIFUL weather!!

Mattie
Vive Bene, Spesso L'Amore, Di Risata Molto (live well, love much, laugh often)

bresky replied to abbymay16's response:
Mattie
That sounds wonderful maybe I should live there instead of here. Again for another day its so hot and humid not able to go outside oh well I guess it could be worse. Enjoy your days, winter is just around the corner.

Bre

coughy16 replied to abbymay16's response:
Well, that does sound nice right now, but I would rather suffer these hot days than not have any hot days! That said, it is really hot & humid here. Lucky for me, I'm weird, my asthma likes the hot humid weather

sgbl88 replied to abbymay16's response:
I am so thankful that someone is having a reasonable summer. Just the thought of your cool temps are a relief.

Temps here have dropped a little to 100 or- 2 degrees. Still hot though, and my office does not a truly functional AC. Construction workers have removed the duct work for a part of the building that has decent AC which makes it even hotter. At least it is still dry and NO wild fires at the moment (knock on wood). Humid climates are definitely a lot worse than arid for me. Someone told me that they lost a good friend to heat exhaustiong this past week, and the news reported that a swimmer drowned in a lake or river while having an asthma attack.

Stay safe, keep your inhalers handy.

Take care and God bless.
Sonya

Helpful Tips

excercise
since ive been doing more cardio related excercise my attacks seem to have lessoned More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center