Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hand held nebs vs inhaler
pljohns posted:
Does anyone use a hand held/mini neb instead of an albuteral inhaler? My inhalers have almost quit working, but an albuteral neb works great as a rescue. If anyone does use a neb, do you use a small one or what?
Lynn

abbymay16 responded:
I have the same issue with the newly formulated albuterol inhalers not working.

I purchased a small battery operated Omron Micro Air neb.

http://www.portablenebs.com/

Its small, fits into a case just a bit bigger than one for sunglasses. It runs on 2 AA batteries and it operates silently. It's more of a hassle than using the inhaler but I know I can rely on it when I need it. I just keep it in my purse and never worry about being without a rescue that works. I love mine!!!

Mattie
Vive Bene, Spesso L'Amore, Di Risata Molto (live well, love much, laugh often)

pljohns replied to abbymay16's response:
Thanks Mattie-do you use a full 2ml vial every time or what? I have a follow up with my asthma doc next week and intend to discuss it with her. Something has changed and it's got to give-I use my inhaler and get no relief at all.
thanks
Lynn

abbymay16 replied to pljohns's response:
Yep it takes a full size vial with no issues.

I got absolutely NO relief from any of the 4 new HFA formulated albuterol inhalers.....the neb solution is cheap and while I'd much rather not have to carry the neb around, it was the only solution I had.

Hope your doctor will work with you to find a solution that will work for you.

Good luck,

Mattie
Vive Bene, Spesso L'Amore, Di Risata Molto (live well, love much, laugh often)

Helpful Tips

Inhaler UseExpert
For those who use daily inhaled steroids (controller medication) make sure to rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after ... More
Was this Helpful?
49 of 142 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center