Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Keeping my asthma contolled
bresky posted:
I have severe asthma. I was 7 weeks out of the hospital and landed back in emergency sunday evening and convinced the doctor to let me out monday at noon. Now I am maxed out on all my medication and barely staying out of hospital anyone have any ideas.
I am on 2 puffs of symbicort 4 times a day; flovent 125mcg 1 puff 2 times a day; combivent nebs every 4 hours and ventolin puffer every 4 hours between combivent; i am on 50mg of prednisone; plus singulair and nexium. I am sitting in the recliner doing nothing cause getting up cause shortness of breath and increases chest tightness.
Any ideas, I can't think of any exposures other then humidity outside. However if its like this not looking forward to combine season next month.
My peak flows are usually around 400 this morning it was 280-300. They did do blood work and a chest xray in the hospital on monday which was negative for infection.
Thanks
Bre

cwille responded:
hi bre, my name is ed, i also have severe asthma, i just got out of hospital this week, i was in overnight, the docs wanted to put a tube in my throat, but after 5 treatments i ended getting somewhat better, so they kept me overnight, sent me home and i was back 2 days later, this time to stay for 5 days. My peak flows have been in the yellow lately , but i wasn't feeling to bad. The only thing i can think of also is the humidity and dust , i live in florida so the humidity is always high here. I just happen to go to a thrift store the morning i got sick. i to am now back on prednisone, can't seem to get off it. I started at 40 , now down to 35 , tapering down. I am also on spririva and qvar, i was on symbicort, like you , only i started getting cramps in my legs and feet real bad, so doc took me off. I also know the feeling about sitting in recliner and doing nothing , been there doing that. Are you allergic to dust, or mold, i am , but i don't know what caused the recent flare up. Anyway good luck and hope you feel better.

ed

Helpful Tips

help to ease your asthma
been having asthma for more that 20 years, but it took some time for the right diagnostic, they were trying to cure me for alergys, and of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center