Skip to content
Problems breathing
An_239859 posted:
Ive been diagnosed with asthma since last year and have been pretty well controlled til the seasons changed. Now that it is getting colder out Im having problems breathing. I am on Xopenex rescue inhaler, have used my nebuelizer, and now on Asmanex but every time I get up to walk around and move I have problems. I seem to be okay as long as I am sitting down relaxing which prevents me from living a life. If anyone has any suggestions on ways to help breathe during the cold weather so I can get back to living a life that would be great!

Aqua14 responded:
You should see your asthma doctor right away to determine what's causing your symptoms, and to get appropriate treatment. Since you're an asthma newbie, your asthma meds may need to be tweaked, or perhaps there's something else going on that your doctor can pinpoint and treat. Hope these thoughts help -- take care & good luck. Judy

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center