Skip to content
cataracts
cwille posted:
Hi everybody, hope everyone is doing fine, at least as fine as can be expected. Haven't posted lately, lots of stuff. Just got off of prednisone again, lets see how long this time. Well, i have been in the hospital 4 times since July 29, twice for asthma and twice for kidney stone, and now today i find out that i have cataracts in both eyes. Going to have them removed in oct. My question or comment to all out there is if anybody else has had eye problems from prednisone. I have only been off it for about 3 weeks now. My eye doctor said that it can cause these problems. Being that i am only 44 i thought i was to young to start having cataract problems. They also told me that regular inhalers can cause these problems. I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem.

hope everybody has a great day,
god bless.
cwille

Helpful Tips

Inhaler UseExpert
For those who use daily inhaled steroids (controller medication) make sure to rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 145 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center