Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update: Discontinuing Symbicort and reflux
Aqua14 posted:
The other thread prompted me to update everyone, in case you're interested.

I've now stopped Symbicort for 2 months. My acid reflux has decreased very markedly, to the extent that pretty soon I'm going to d/c my reflux meds. (No more Tums, just Zegerid x 1 daily.) My voice is so much better, so much more reliable, that it's really a pleasure to speak now. I've also been able to d/c Nasonex, Patanase and the nasal Atrovent I used to use several times daily. Am just taking Zyrtec, Singulair and Pulmicort, and I'm very happy about that!

I am SO hoping that being able to drink caffeinated coffee is soon in my future! I have really missed my coffee in the morning.

Take care all, and wishing you good breathing. Judy

coughy16 responded:
thanks for the update Judy, & cross your fingers that my asthma stays under control until next month so I can convince my Dr to switch me! Good luck with the coffee, I switched awhile back to decaf for other reasons, if you can drink decaf & you're a true coffee lover, try starbucks decaf, I am really fussy about my coffee & I can't taste the difference.

Aqua14 replied to coughy16's response:
Sue -- I can drink decaf and occasionally do at a restaurant after dinner. But I really need the caffeine! Tea doesn't have sufficient amounts of caffeine for me. Diet Mountain Dew has quite a bit, but still I miss the warmth, aroma, and taste of a good cup of coffee.

Take care and I do hope that you can try it next month. Judy

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
My fingers are crossed for you both! I feel you on the caffeine, Judy and hope that your asthma stays under control as well, Sue.

This is not an season, so my best healing vibes go out to you both.

Take care,
Amelia
- Asthma doesn't seem to bother me anymore, unless I'm around cigars or dogs. The thing that would bother me most would be a dog smoking a cigar. - Steve Allen

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
Was this Helpful?
121 of 151 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center