Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
I Don't Want To Die
teddycantbreath posted:
I recently got my Insurance cut off and now only have a few days before all my asthma meds run out. I have very severe nocturnal asthma that leads to heavy weezing and use a nebulizer to relieve it. Like clock work everyday at 5am i wake up and need to use it and have to stay up for an hour or so before going back to sleep. I also have an inhaler (but not anymore, ran out of that 2 days ago). So now i have about 10 days left of abuterol inhalation solution for my nebulizer machine.
I am VERY scared that i might die, can someone please help me with some tips i can do without medication, because in 10 days i will have no more way to stop my weezing and attacks. I am 34 years old and have been on my meds for 3 years.
I Love NY huh? Think again.
p.s. can i use Robotusen DM?

Mathchickie responded:
Robitussin will not cut it, you need your medicine.

However, albuterol nebulizer solution is not horribly expensive. A new inhaler will cost you about $35, that's all.

If this cost is a problem, there are programs available to help you. Don't let the meds run out, act now.

DUKE MEDICINE
Michael H Land, MD replied to Mathchickie's response:
Dear Ted,

I'm so sorry to hear about your insurance situation. If you have a prescription from your doctor for refills, there are some pharmacies that offer $4 medications for a 1 month supply (i.e. Walmart, Target, etc.), and nebulized Albuterol is on their list of medications. You'll need to transfer your prescription to a pharmacy that has the discount. I'd highly recomend that you get back on your daily "controller" inhaler pronto, because that is the best way to get your asthma symptoms under control so you won't be so symptomatic.

As soon as you can, you should also try to get new insurance or Medicaid if you qualify as this can help support your medical costs. The sooner you get qualified and have insurance back, the faster you can get your medications, see your doctor, and get to feeling better. Please take care of yourself ASAP and don't let this run out.

Take care,
ML

Helpful Tips

Get Rid of ASTHMA
I never forget that day when my little angel having asthma attack whole night I hear her wheezing. As normal I think it might cause because ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center