Skip to content
Judy, update?
coughy16 posted:
Just wondering how it is going with your reflux & change of asthma meds. Still doing much better? I am really frustrated. My Dr had lowered my advair dose, then told me to come back in Nov for her to evaluate whether I could switch to just an inhaled steroid. Ugh, I haven't had pred in 1.5 years, haven't used my rescue since June, had just gotten over a cold with no asthma flare (amazing for me!) and had great peak flows. She told me how great I was doing, how great my lungs sounded & then told me to stay on the advair until May, and we would re-evaluate then! I really like her, but this annoyed me to no end because the only reason for the appt was to see how I was doing on the lower dose & if we could reduce my meds. She said because fall was my worst time, and spring too, that it would be much safer. I, dr Sue, think that the worse that can happen is I get a little out of control & have to switch back. She knew that I was frustrated so said she would compromise with me & I could try again in April instead of May, lol. Meanwhile, I continue to be envious of you

Helpful Tips

Inhaler UseExpert
For those who use daily inhaled steroids (controller medication) make sure to rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 143 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center