Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
asthma
cookindiana posted:
I have sthma COPD and emphysima i do brething treatment like 3 times a aday im wonder why is it after i do these treamtment im so tired aand need to nap ?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi cookindiana,

I'm sorry to hear about your concern and though I'm not sure what treatment you are doing, it does sound like something that you should definitely be speaking to your doctor about.

Please, call your doctor as soon as possible and see what he/she suggests. Why take a chance?

Take care and keep us posted!
Amelia
- Asthma doesn't seem to bother me anymore, unless I'm around cigars or dogs. The thing that would bother me most would be a dog smoking a cigar. - Steve Allen

Lily_91 responded:
I don't know anything about the kind of treatment you are using so I don't have much insight into your question... but I do know that I feel tired and jittery after I use albuterol, sometimes enough that I can't do much besides sleep afterward. Maybe your treatment has similar properties?

cookindiana replied to Lily_91's response:
I do those albuterol breathing treatment when like 3 times a
day and i get supper tired aftert them treatments i get jittery also said the jitter was normal i will tell dr next appointment thank u ,just wanted to know if it was normal

amcate replied to cookindiana's response:
The jitters are normal, and I get them as well, though actually I use albuterol plus another medicine. I don't tired, though, I get wired up with energy, move around a lot, and can't stop talking.

SolarFlareWolf replied to cookindiana's response:
Trembling and increased heart rate are probably the most common and well known of albuterol's side effects. I've had asthma my entire life and have used albuterol for the entire time I've needed treatment and I usually get jittery after using a nebulizer treatment. Part of the reason you're jittery is because nebulizer treatments are more potent and effective than inhalers because it's more medication over a longer period of time in an easily absorbed form. I get sleepy after mine as well, but I agree with everyone else, if the side effects are bothering you a lot you should speak to your doctor.

Helpful Tips

Remember to clean your rescue inhalerExpert
For patients using albuterol rescue inhalers, remember to wash the mouthpiece as directed. The typical recommendation is washing it once ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 47 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center