Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
video
amcate posted:
Let me know if I shouldn't do this.

Sometimes I need to laugh. I came across a video on youtube that makes fun of having to take prednisone and it's side effects. It is http://youtu.be/gYIgtloOztu uploader carlaulbrich. I wasn't sure about putting it on here due to not knowing if it would be considered advertising. It's just a funny video, though, with a lady playing a guitar and making a parody out of it. I get the sense she knows what it is like. Thought you all might enjoy.

bresky responded:
Hey amcate, I was looking for the video but for some reason it won't upload, oh well was really looking forward to a laugh. I will try searching it on youtube later. Hope you are having a good day?
Bre

amcate replied to bresky's response:
I will try it. Just so you know, sometimes I miss responses to my posts because the system does not automatically inform me when someone responds. Therefore, I never mean to ignore people. I'll try it, and answer again in a few minutes.

I couldn't get it with the connections I cited. I'm sorry about that. I assumed it would work.

However, I was able to pull up the video by going to the search box on you tube, and typing "prednisone". I think it was the fifth one down on the list. There is a lady with a guitar in the picture. It is a little under two minutes long. The title is "The prednisone song (can't read my writing-I think live) The Singing Patient".

Let me know if this is enough information for you to access it. Also, let me know if my post would consitute advertising. Sometimes I mention things like this because it helps me cope and may help others.

bresky replied to amcate's response:
Hey I found it,

Thanks I enjoyed it and didn't find it as advertising made me laugh as it is so true. I have had a horrible bought with mood swings this time around so needed a good laugh. Thanks for posting that.

Bre

No problem. I loved when she said, "the good news is your kitchen will be clean, your CDs will all be in alphabetical order, and you'll catch up on all the Law and Order episodes." I normally am high energy when I go on, and low energy when I stop it. I'm not wearing the mask much now because I'm tired of being a social outcast and trying to get a job, so I'll probably be having to take it more, but we will see. The peak flow is holding well with 85-90%, but for some reason there is more coughing. I hope the asthma will hold without the mask. Anyway, I think the lady is speaking from experience. I'm glad it brought a smile to your face.

amcate replied to amcate's response:
I've also found she has a video called "Top 10 Annoying things to say to someone who has just been diagnosed" that is also funny, if anyone is looking for a laugh regarding people who don't understand asthma.

bresky replied to amcate's response:
I like her I noticed she has a book thinking about getting it have you read it yet
Bre

No, I don't know anything about the book. My finances are limited due to multiple medical issues and doctors who want to endlessly do tests, limiting my ability to buy books and drive the car.

I like her as well, and she is funny. Those are the two videos I like the most. If there is a way to download it and share with others, I probably will. It's a funny way to let folks know what is not helpful.

I especially liked the number one, "is that contagious" because I get it a lot when my asthma is flaring.

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center