Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fish without water
cnadygirl53 posted:
I have been told I have asthma, 36 years old never had it before in my life. my doctor said I had it for some time but was misdiagnosed, so now I have this problem, a couple of days ago I was told I have a new one acid reflux, or gerd he said it wasn't uncommon to have it since I have asthma a lot of people who do suffer from it. it's terrible mine attacks at night, I wake up three or more times during the night gasping for air, and when I do wake up it like it punches me in my chest. he gave me medication for it because it's aggrevating my asthma. well I'm new to this coummunity I hope to hear from anyone who can be understanding to share their stories, ideas, thoughts or suggestions look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take the Poll

What's the best way to avoid acid flux?
  • avoid spicy foods
  • eat earlier so that you will sit up before bed
vote
View Poll Results

amcate responded:
They said I had mild GERD and put me on medicines, but I found eating smaller meals spaced out and sitting up after meals controlled it, so the medicine was stopped.

I'm not a doctor, but was thinking that since you were waking up at night gasping for air you might also want to be screened for obstructive sleep apnea if you haven't already.

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center