Skip to content

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page:

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at

Low Peak Flows
    bresky posted:
    I have had low peak for the last 3 weeks. My respirologist noticed it when she did spirometery at my appointment. We decided to increase the symbicort to 4 puffs twice a day as I wasn't overly symptomatic. However my peak flows are still sitting between 300-350, I am usually 400-440. I was in ER once and put on 5 days of prednisone but they are still quite low. I am becoming more short of breath and chest tightness as the days go on. I see my respirologist again in 2 weeks. Anybody have any ideas on what else I can do, I really don't want to go back on prednisone again.

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
    There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    128 of 159 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center