Skip to content
Flare up....
medicpeds posted:
I had an asthma flare up this week, ended up at urgent care center, I'm on the dreaded drug prednisone and I'm doing nebs at home. Doesn't seem to be doing the job, I can't seem to shake this flare up. Chest is still tight, I'm wheezing, peak flows are in the yellow zone.
I need some relief soon. If I don't get relief soon I guess I will have to go to the ER.
So frustrated.......

bresky responded:
Hi medicpeds

I understand your concern I have been in the yellow zone for three weeks on a 2nd burst of prednisone over two weeks have u increased your reliever inhaler do u have a plan you follow when u are in the yellow zone.

Hope you feel better soon

Bre

sgbl88 responded:
Hi, How aften are you doing your nebs? If you have an action plan, it should have you doning them evry 3 to 4 hours around the clock. That is the hard part , but it works. Allergies have been terrible this year. What are you doing to treat those? I am praying that you feel better soon.. God bless. Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

medicpeds replied to sgbl88's response:

It seems that everyone that has had an asthma flare up these last couple months has had a long recovery period.
I'm doing my rescue inhaler every 3 hours, I'm doing nebs as needed. I guess I should increase my nebs. Working 8 hrs. a day it is hard although I am able to do them at work because I work in a hospital. I guess I should just take the time to just do them.
I don't have an action plan in writing.
I am feeling a little better than I was. I'm still in the yellow zone. Take my last dose of prednisone on Monday. My shortness of breath seems to be worse after I eat.
I don't have any trouble with "allergies" per say. No itchy eyes,, runny nose or headache.
Thanks for the comments...

amcate replied to medicpeds's response:
I have heard of some nebulizers deliver the medicine more quickly than others. Maybe it would be easier for you to use one of them at work?

jansick responded:
I have been having trouble with my asthma all through the mild winter, and all of spring so far. Landed in the hospital for 5 days, home for 1 week and back to the hospital for 4 more days. I have been home for about three weeks , I still have the cough and have trouble coughing up the thick plugs of mucas. I was on intravenous steroids and antibiotics while in the hospital, also symbicort and spirevia, they are a lifesaver. when I feel my chest tightining I start using my nebulizer faithfully every four to six hours along with all of my other asthma medicines. I can only tell you what triggers mine. Funeral homes full of flowers, dust that gets into the house, and over exertion. Rest and constant meds are the answer. and if you can't control it at home see your Doctor, sometimes it's impossible to beat it by your self.

Helpful Tips

excercise
since ive been doing more cardio related excercise my attacks seem to have lessoned More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center