Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Perplexing "asthma" problem - what is this???
circusacrobat posted:
I'm having extreme bronchial spasms that come and go - feels like severe hypoxia (can't catch my breath, panicking, hard to exhale), but my O2 blood saturation is 96-99%, my peak flows are off the chart (>850), and no wheezing. Flovent provides relief, but it only lasts for about 2 hours. Been to the ER and UrgentCare in the past week. My doctors are stumped. EKG, chest x-ray, D-dimer, NO test -- will have a CAT scan this coming Friday.

This episode started 3 weeks ago with a chest cold. Before, I had very mild asthma for 10 years -- Ventolin puff maybe once a month. The chest cold turned into a sinus infection. Was prescribed azithromycin and prednisone tablets (40mg). Then 5 days later, my breathing worsened a lot. Any idea what's happening to me?

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center