Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Allergy Help
Cejay1124 posted:
My son has allergy induced asthma. His daily maintenance medication is Flovent. Albuterol is his rescue inhaler. He rarely has any asthma related issues but over the weekend he had an allergic reaction to a dog. His Flovent did nothing to help his reaction. His lungs are clear but he has lots of head/nasal congestion. Is there anything over the counter that I can give him that will not trigger his asthma to flare up.

abbymay16 responded:
Allergic reactions can be triggered by a variety of things...maybe it was the dog, or something in the dogs fur that caused your son's issues.

There are medications you can use for allergy reactions but check with his doctor---maybe they can add a nasal steroid spray like flonase or nasonex? Or maybe an antihistamine. But as he is an asthmatic taking meds you need to run this by his doctor to be sure its ok for him to add meds to his regiment.

Mattie

Vive Bene, Spesso L'Amore, Di Risata Molto

(live well, love much, laugh often)

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center