Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
NEED SOME ANSWERS NOW PLEASE!!
nicatl posted:
My dr. recently took me off Asmanex which i had been using for alittle over 4yrs. He decided to try me on Alvesco. I've been on it alittle over a week now and i really could tell a difference. Then all of a sudden today i had a major attack. I got it under control but it scared me bad. I called my drs office and asked the nurse,,,,(since i had been usually Asmanex for all those years and now i suddenly switch,,does that mean the Asmanex is out of my system and the Alvesco isn't working!!! Or is it just in my head!!! I think she thought i was crazy. But don't most ICS pretty much do the same thing?? I mean, was i crazy to think that the Asmanex had stopped working cos i had used it for so long and thats why i had an attack!!! Like i said,,,i have only been on Alvesco alittle over a week. I think i might have come in contact with something, i don't know. People do change ICS all the time,,right?? Starting a different brand should be working right? Like i said,,i was in serious panic attack. I think it was because the Alvesco had been doing so well. And all i could think was,,omg,,,,the Asmanex is out of my system and the Alvesco isn't working!!! I know,,crazy huh!!

amcate responded:
My allergist told me when I was considering switching ICS that she could not guarantee if the new one would work and it was an experiment.

Perhaps it was the meds, or maybe you were exposed to a strong trigger without knowing it.

Helpful Tips

Naturally Manage Asthma
Put two to three drops of pure peppermint oil into a hot steamy rag then cover over your nose and mouth. It definitely helps you breathe ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center