Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Military member with environmentally induced asthma.
MueMue90 posted:
I am deployed in Kuwait and have been diagnosed with environmentally induced asthma from the sand and dust. I have very mild asthma back home, but I don't use medication for it. I have had two asthma attacks since I've been here and have been put on Advair twice a day. Also, I currently have a profile so I don't have to run. I go on leave for two weeks and we are considering taking my APFT (run) test after I'm back home for a few days. My question is, is it even possible for me to recover in just a few days in a new environment or should I wait it out until I'm home for a few months before attempting this test?
amcate responded:
Thank you for your service. I don't know what the run test is. If you are asking how long it takes for asthma to change when you change environments, I know for myself that a few days in a new place is not long enough for the asthma to change. It normally takes a few months for my lungs to fully respond. I don't know if this answers your question, and I don't know if it's different for other people.
abbymay16 replied to amcate's response:
I agree, a few days in a new environment is not likely going to make a big difference. The sand/dust is an irritant and once you get respiratory tissue irritated it can take a long stretch to get things to settle down. Rather than a run could they have you do something like a stationary would still get your heart rate up but wouldn't alter your breathing patterns and risk an attack as much? I know the military used to allow these. Might be worth asking about.

Thanks for your service to our country !!

Vive Bene, Spesso L'Amore, Di Risata Molto

(live well, love much, laugh often)
MueMue90 responded:
It helps, thank you.
MueMue90 replied to abbymay16's response:
They do but I can't take a record test with out running to get my promotion and my reward. Thank you for the input though! I just wanted more insight I guess.

Helpful Tips

Sports Asthma
I Have sports related Asthma. I joined the Army and we ran A LOT! the more i ran the better i felt and less my asthma bothered me. i am no ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center