Skip to content
Asthma with Chronic Bronchitis and Pneumonia... COPD.
MandyCake posted:
I spent January through april dealing with Chronic Bronchitis and Pneumonia with my asthma. 3 rounds of antibiodics and the meds I take daily give me fungal infections/thrush. I have days where all I can do is try to focus on breathing as it feels like a struggle. When should a person consider oxygen therapy? What else might help?

anita532 responded:
My last bout of chronic bronchitis and pneumonia with asthma lasted 5 months. 5 rounds of antibiotics. Emptied many bottles of flovent and salbutamol atrovent, prednisone. Keep at it. Both my lungs partially collapsed. Got rienflated. Peak flow down - finally came back up after 60 days. A true miracle. Oxygen was down - did not come back up unitl the 5th month. Got oxygen back up by having chiropractor pound on my chest to break up the crazy glue stuck in there. I had fluid from bottom to top of both lungs. Get this- my xrays came back clear. No thanks to medicine in Canada. Jerks.

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
Was this Helpful?
123 of 153 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center