Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New here
An_246581 posted:
Was at hopital last night and was told I have copd. Just moved here from Fl. Have not picked a primary doc yet. Was wondering if I should pick a family prac, or general prac. for primary?
Aqua14 responded:
Whatever kind of primary physician you pick, you should also have a pulmonologist to monitor your COPD. Pulmonologists are lung specialists and are best suited to take care of COPD. My mom had severe COPD for the last 8 years of her life and the pulmonologist was the best.

Hope these thoughts help. Take care & good luck.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

7 Ways to Reduce Your Exposure to This Toxic Killer
Air pollution is now claiming more lives than ever each year. Recent estimates state that nearly two million people worldwide die from ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center