Skip to content
Walking Pneumonia
sgbl88 posted:
It has been a while since I have really gotten sick - about 15 months. WOO HOO!!! I had almost forgotten what it is like and how quickly one can get down. After experiencing a since of normalcy for a while, I am struggling with the necessary regimen. I know what to do, but I am having a terrible time doing it.

I to want to caution everyone to be careful now - it is "mycoplasma season". Mycoplasma is the nasty little bacteria that has me down. I knew it was going around as my daughter had an ear infection caused by it.

Take care every one.
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

bresky responded:
Hey Sonya

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well again. I hope you get over it quickly. I can imagine how horrible it would be to go back to what you haven't had to do for about 15 months. Praying that you will feel better soon.
Bre

amcate responded:
Sorry to hear you are sick, and I hope you feel better soon. There was a time I went 18 months without prednsione, but then when it came back it was discouraging. Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.

sgbl88 replied to amcate's response:
Thanks,
I am feeling better, but not recovered. Now we are dealing with wild fires. That on top of already having trouble is not a good mix.

I will take breathing issues over the loss of property though. At least 25 homes were burned yesterday, and the interstate was shut down. I have several friends who live in the path of the fires.
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

amcate replied to sgbl88's response:
I don't know if you mind me asking, but what state do you live in? I was trying to get updated information on wildfires to know if I could go bike riding outdoors in a few days with a friend and if I did, whether or not to wear a N95 mask. I did an internet search, but the only ones I saw mentioned in the last few weeks were in Oklahoma, but I want to be sure there are none closer to me. Thanks.

Last year, the wildfires in NM were really bad, and that's why I moved away from the swamp cooler. Normally, if the swamp cooler is kept clean, I do okay with it, but with all the fires and the swamp cooler pulling in air from the outside, it was very difficult. I took a year and a half worth or prednisone in 3 months times last summer and had the blood pressure and coordination issues from it. This summer has been better as refrigerated air does not pull air from the outside, but recirculates inside air. I've stayed indoors a lot these last few months since my asthma went downhill in May due to the wildfires in Colorado.

Anyway, I hope you are well, and I hope the folks who lost their property recover. I hope your friends do okay.

Hi,
I found several states with active wildfires - Colorado, Montana, Oklahoma, California, Idaho, Nevada and Utah all have active fires in them. I searched by state

I hope that helps you. It sounds like you should probably wear a mask.

Sonya

Thank you for looking up the information. I had trouble since I saw the ones in Colorado, but all the information was at least 2 weeks old, so I couldn't tell if they were out or not.

I went walking around a bit today for the first time in the last few months due to the fires, and wore a N95 mask to be on the safe side.

Now I know, thanks again.

Anyway, I hope you get to feeling better soon and your friends are okay. My family also told me of the interstates being shut down. I know it can be upsetting when you do well for awhile and then it gets worse again.

Thanks,
The worst is that I am scheduled for knee surgery in 10 days. I won't take pred for this, soooo..... I will probably have to delay surgery. I will call my allergist tomorrow, but they will want blood work. I feel a lot better, but still really tight and reactive to everything.

I have renewed sympathy for those of you who deal with this more frequently.

Sonya

Good luck rescheduling your knee surgery. I know normally they ask me how long its been since the last pred burst before doing anything invasive. Sometimes when I go off pred, the problems, come back, then on pred, they go away and back and forth until I can figure it out. I've found with myself that problems in one area (like infection) tend to increase sensitivity to other areas (like allergies), so I can understand being reactive to everything.

Hope you stay feeling better as the pred. burst goes down (assuming that's where you are at).

bresky replied to sgbl88's response:
Sorry to hear you weren't able to get in for surgery. Let me know what your allergist says. Hope you aren't feeling as tight anymore.
Bre

sgbl88 replied to bresky's response:
Right now I am waiting to see if I have to reschedule surgery. With my history I would say go ahead and reschedule. Things have beens o different for me since the aspirin desensitization that I don't really know what to expect. Right now I am scheduled to go in for a breathing test on Friday for my allergist to aprove my surgery. I am using the nebulizer much more than I have in a LONG time.

I am concerned that they will want to put me on pred. I am really struglling with that idea. My ankles swell horribly now from all the pred i have had in the past, what will more do to me? BUT.... I do need the knee surgery to be done soon as i have scheduled some vacation days that I want to enjoy, not limp around through.

It seems I am between a rock and a hard place which is making me indecissive.

Anyway,
Thanks for caring as usual.
Somya

Helpful Tips

excercise
have been working out and it seems to help me More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center