Skip to content
How long should symptoms last?
roselu posted:
Hey all, I recently caught a cold and developed a sinus infection and my asthma started flaring. It wasn't too bad, and I was given antibiotics and a medrol pack. I felt better for 2 days then worse while I tapered, then better again. I finished the last dose of the medrol pack on Sunday. Monday i felt ok, just still congested and coughing but didn't need my albuterol until in the evening. Then it just got worse. I woke up today and my chest ached so badly and I feel like my lungs are itchy (?). I can feel thick very sticky mucus in my throat and chest and I know my breathing is off plus I'm coughing more. Albuterol eases the symptoms and then it comes back 3-4hrs later. I guess my question is shouldn't the medrol pack have cleared this up? How long does it take to recover from an asthma flare and how long before I should return to my doctor? Usually one round of the medrol dose packs makes me better but not this time.

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
Was this Helpful?
123 of 153 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center