Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Asthma?
An_248053 posted:
Hello all, to start let me inform you that I am an ex smoker of about 4/5 years..never really passing a full pack a day. I have not had a cigarette in over 2 months now and have started running everyday since before i completely quit. I have made big improvements on my distance and time during my runs but still experience a shortness of breath (assumed to be normal) but often coupled with a tight chest sensation. Every time i type in chest tightness something about asthma pops up and its starting to worry me considering I am in the middle of the recruitment process for the coast guard. Does this tight chest sensation definitely mean or is definitely a sign of asthma or is this just left over garbage from smoking?

richrl66 responded:
The chest tightness, especially along with the shortness of breath, is something that I would suggest be discussed with your Dr.

I have asthma, also used to jog 3 miles each morning and evening until my late 50's then slowed down to about one mile daily. I'm also an ex smoker.

I've had a heart attack, and can attest that it's better to catch this before it happens.

Glad you posted.

Rich

Helpful Tips

Xopenex savings
If you use xopenex you know it is expensive. My co-pay with insurance is $100. Today I found out about their Breath for Less Program. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center