Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How can I find early users for a technology we developed to help children with asthma?
Engelhard posted:
I'm part of an MIT team that worked on a hardware and software system that monitors and promotes the correct use of inhalers.
We have built a small glowing smart button that can be easily added to any asthma inhaler, called GeckoCap .

Thanks, waiting to hear your thoughts!

michellefr responded:
Wow! that sounds amazing! I love it! How do you promote correct use of the inhaler? It is the kind of product I've been looking for to motivate my son to use his inhaler.

When is this going to be out on the market?

Engelhard replied to michellefr's response:
Thanks, we are looking for people that know about the problem first hand, and would like to start use the product as soon as it is available. I'll be happy to keep you posted, just shoot me an email or sign in at our website or FB page!

Helpful Tips

Remember to clean your rescue inhalerExpert
For patients using albuterol rescue inhalers, remember to wash the mouthpiece as directed. The typical recommendation is washing it once ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 47 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center