Skip to content

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page:

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at

How can I find early users for a technology we developed to help children with asthma?
    Engelhard posted:
    I'm part of an MIT team that worked on a hardware and software system that monitors and promotes the correct use of inhalers.
    We have built a small glowing smart button that can be easily added to any asthma inhaler, called GeckoCap .

Thanks, waiting to hear your thoughts!
    michellefr responded:
    Wow! that sounds amazing! I love it! How do you promote correct use of the inhaler? It is the kind of product I've been looking for to motivate my son to use his inhaler.

When is this going to be out on the market?
    Engelhard replied to michellefr's response:
    Thanks, we are looking for people that know about the problem first hand, and would like to start use the product as soon as it is available. I'll be happy to keep you posted, just shoot me an email or sign in at our website or FB page!

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
    There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    128 of 159 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center