Skip to content
How do you deal with asthma flair ups and doctor says to stay inside of home?
teacupblue1961 posted:
I curious do any of you have to handle time like this. It gets boaring and exstended family would rather not deal with it then give support. Home a lone, except two sweetdogs, but woul like to talk with humans that understand what I'm going through. Is there anything like that on here or support for copeing.

sgbl88 responded:
You are in the correct place. We are here to support each other in any way we can.

It is difficult when no one understands what you are going through. We do. We can help you cope and also help you get better.

Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

amcate responded:
I normally stay inside my apartment as much as possible to avoid a flare. I found that scheduling out the day helps so I am sure I am doing something useful. I make presents usually by knitting.

My family is unable to understand financial issues I sometimes face due to having trouble working full time and cost of medical care often mistaking my behavior for someone who is irresponsible or doesn't know that they are an adult and shouldn't be taking advantage of others. So, I do what I can to save money by making a lot of stuff, including food from scratch if I'm not getting calls for work.

I have also dealt with coworkers not understanding, and I'm learning it's generally best to keep things about my asthma to myself unless I'm trying to avoid a trigger.

Anyway, other people not understanding and often not caring to understand is, for me, the most difficult part of the disease. However, I'm trying to learn to stay focused on what I can control and not spend too much energy on what I can't.

Hope this helps, and I hope you get over your exacerbation fast. The answer to your last sentence is "yes" and most folks here do understand in my experience.

Helpful Tips

excercise
have been working out and it seems to help me More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center