Skip to content
New treatment: Xolair
Sleepless posted:
With hope of finding an alternative to "PREDISONE' I saw a new allegerist. After taking my history and testing, he stated that I would be a great candidate for Xolair. According to the doctor, what makes me a great candidate is my extremely high "IGE" levels (in the 1400+), and it has been in that range for a while. The only time it came down to 700 was when I was hospitalized for 7 days, in which my care consisted of 120 mg daily of steroids. I'm just scare of the unknown, the trade-offs. I have been trying to do my own research on this medicine to ensure that I am well informed on all the good and bad. Is there anyone out there who has been on Xolair for a while? Please share your experience. I've made a list of the damages "Prednisone" has done to my body and health and I cannot take anymore, no more. Swollen body, weight gain, constant stomach pain, irritable all time, border line diabetic, high blood pressure, now adrenal glands issues. I believe that if I do not make a stand now these issues will become permanent issues.

Helpful Tips

Inhaler UseExpert
For those who use daily inhaled steroids (controller medication) make sure to rinse out your mouth with water or brush your teeth after ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 145 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center