Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Xolaire user
AFISHN posted:
I have been using Xolaire for 14 months and it has made a huge difference in my life.
The only 2 noticeable effects are !)much more tired 2)the cost is almost $3000 a month and it has severely cut into my limited income
Prior to xolaire ,I used Advair and it was causing constant sinus infections and it only moderately controlled my asthma

cwille responded:
try a company called healthwell, they help people with copayment and might pay more, i have used them. They give grants. good luck .

cwille

sgbl88 responded:
Healthwell Foundation is great to work with. They offer co-pay assistance grants on a yearly basis, I had a grant through them for my Xolair several years ago, now I am considered "under insured" for Xolair at least until June. I am in the process completing my grant aplication for Zyflo. I just have to remember to send in a copy of my insurance card.

They are always pleasant on the phone and are very helpful if you have a question.
Sonya
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... Ye shall seek me, and find [me]

amcate replied to cwille's response:
Thank you for mentioning healthwell. I had not heard of them before. Right now, my meds copay is good (only $3), but in October I'll have to choose another plan due to Obamacare. I'll try for one that will allow me to go to National Jewish, but I don't know what the prescription copay will be.

cwille replied to amcate's response:
have been to national jewish, it is an outstanding place, but be prepared , no rest for the weary as the saying goes. but they do know there stuff, unfortunatly for me i am still a question mark, although they did find things other docs didn't. They are definitly worth it if you can go.

good luck
cwille

amcate replied to cwille's response:
Thanks, cwille. I have heard nothing but good things about them, and I especially like the reports that they understand there is an emotional component that can be difficult to overcome.

I tried to go before, but insurance wouldn't pay. It's a long story, but the current insurance I have is my best bet overall because no matter if I lose a job or not I can still get asthma meds. My other insurance options would leave me open to not having any coverage in the event that I have to go to the doctor a lot, which has happened before. Again, it's a long story. National Jewish's programs for financial aid do not help me, since they told me I couldn't use them since I had health care insurance (even though the insurance was refusing to pay for a trip there).

The reason I haven't gone is due to healthcare insurance problems and cracks in the healthcare coverage system as well as how disability is determined in my state. If I qualified for disability, then I would have more healthcare insurance options.

So, I'll see what options are available when the exchanges start up and go from there. In the meantime, I spend my time doing things that should help overall-exercise, trying to improve my diet, etc. Like you, I would love to lose weight. It would make moving around so much easier.

I tried to go, but I haven't been able to due to cost and healthcare insurance issues. I'll see what happens in October. Thanks for the feedback.

Helpful Tips

Asthma InhalersExpert
There are several types of inhalers for asthma. Some inhalers (inhaled steroids) are controller medications that are used on a daily basis ... More
Was this Helpful?
121 of 151 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Asthma and Allergies Center